Thursday, December 04, 2014

Responding to your message

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Tammy Duckworth" <IL08TDIMA@mail.house.gov>
Date: Dec 3, 2014 7:39 AM
Subject: Responding to your message
To: <aquarianm@gmail.com>
Cc:

 
 

December 3, 2014

 
Dear Mr. Stafford,

Thank you for contacting me to share your support of renewable energy tax credits. I appreciate hearing from you on this critical issue.

The Renewable Energy Production Tax Credit (PTC) and Investment Tax Credit (ITC) have played important roles in reducing our reliance on foreign oil, lowering harmful greenhouse emissions and ensuring Americans have access to reliable and affordable energy. As you know, these tax credits expired at the end of 2013 and have not been reauthorized. Because of this Senator Ron Wyden of Oregon introduced the EXPIRE Act on April 28, 2014. If enacted, this legislation would extend these renewable energy tax credits through 2015. This legislation has been placed on the Senate Floor and is awaiting consideration.

Like you, I believe that it is time to reauthorize the PTC and ITC. That is why I sent a letter to Speaker Boehner urging him to bring legislation to the floor that would extend the Production Tax Credit. In 2013, wind energy alone provided power to over 15 million homes and 80,000 American jobs, 17,400 of those being in Illinois. These tax credits helped companies like Winergy, located in the 8thDistrict, work toward reducing carbon emissions while also provide good paying manufacturing jobs. Rest assured that I will continue to work to promote a clean energy future that supports economic growth and protects the environment and will keep your views in mind should the EXPIRE Act come up for a vote on the House Floor.

Thank you for your interest in this critical environmental issue. Please stay in touch by visiting my website at www.duckworth.house.gov, where you can sign up for my email list, access my voting record and get additional information on important issues facing our country. If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.


Sincerely,

The Honorable Tammy Duckworth
Member of Congress
Illinois' 8th District

 

 

Please do not reply to this email. The mailbox is unattended. 
To share your thoughts please visit my webpage at www.duckworth.house.gov.

Get the latest updates on my work in Congress. Sign up for my e-newsletter. 

Facebook Facebook   Icon Twitter Twitter   Icon

 

No comments: