Monday, May 30, 2011

GL Zephyr: Eco-ink...

The old tattoo.


The new tattoo.



I had my old tattoo covered over with one that far better suits who I am and my core values.


The design in the shop had a peace sign instead of a wind turbine, I had them modify it. The two dolphins are borrowed from another stock design the shop had, and rotated by a third clockwise to fully cover more of the old tattoo. I call the one above Zephyr, and the one below Poseidon.

I want to stress that I didn't regret getting a tattoo, I regretted not thinking through what I was getting and making sure I had the money to cover it. I got the original tattoo when I was eighteen and in the Air Force. Back then, it was just cool to get any tattoo. With the new tattoo, I had years to think on it and plan for it once I decided to replace the original. I'm thrilled with the results.


The re-work was done by Ink Town Tattoo in Lombard, Illinois at the corner of Swift and North Avenue. The artist was Jerry Cross.

Sweet breezes,

Dan

No comments: