Friday, March 10, 2006

Regarding the recent hiatus in publishing at the Great Lakes Zephyr:

To all of you who do scan this blog more than once, my apologies.

I am a one-man band, so to speak, and I have a life other than blogging here at the Zephyr. In the past few months, my family has had quite a bit of turmoil, the vast majority for good reasons. We've sold our townhouse and purchased our first home, had our oldest son get married in Hawaii, and other things.

The move to a house necessitated a double move, and I am a moving company of one. (With some help from my brother and a long-time friend, both of whom I owe big time!)

Since I do this on my personal time and get paid so far nada cent for it, I had to take a break.

I do have a backlog of newsletters and articles dating back to December which I will be posting as time permits.

I also happen to be the Co-Chair of the Progressive Democrats of Illinois.

I find political activism to be a necessity to help promote environmental concerns, and more importantly, to do everything I can to help preserve the founding principles and values that are our nation's heritage. Since this is my blog, I WILL speak up when I see the need to on political issues, especially ones that I feel concern renewable energy and environmental causes, as well as sustainable developement.

I do these things because it is my core belief that they will benefit ourselves, our decendants, and the rest of the world. A better America is part of a better world.

I realise that some of those reading these posts may not agree with me. That is your perogative and part and parcel of being in a free society. So be it. It is up to each of you what you choose to read. It is up to me what I choose to post. Hopefully in the end, we will all be better for the discussion and the net results of all of our choices will be a better future.

In that spirit, the Zephyr resumes publication as regularly as possible.

Sincerely,

Dan Stafford

No comments: