Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Just a note for those who may have been wondering at the two week hiatus, I do this entirely on my own funds and time with no assistance, and I was on vacation with my wife for two weeks. We drove the coast of the Florida peninusula, starting at the gulf coast side on the panhandle, and working our way south down the gulf coast to the Key islands, then back up the Atlantic coast. Notable stops were: Atlanta, GA, Tampa, Sarasota, Sanibel Island & Captiva Island, Key West, Miami Beach (Art deco district), and St. Augustine, and the Superman Museum in Metropolis, IL on the way home. It was a blast, and I wrote about 26 pieces of poetry by hand journaling the trip. I will eventually publish those as a book of poetry in a series entitled "Two If By Sea." We covered a little over 4,000 miles in 14 days.

Dan

No comments: