Saturday, May 17, 2003

Just this past Sunday I was at the benefit to fund Earthfest, and I performed several of my wind energy poems including "USA Wind", "Cities On The Edge", and "Zephyr", and gave a speech on wind energy potential in the Great Lakes area. Later on this morning I'll post the text of the speech here. You can view text of all my wind energy poems and listen to mp3 versions of "USA Wind" and "Zephyr" at the Wind Poems page on my site, www.whizzyrds.com.

Earthfest is a small annual environmental festival held in August in Sheboygan, WI. Both I and my comic / street musician / Madison underground icon friend Art Paul Schlosser were there performing in t-shirts I designed to promote wind energy. THe festival is held in Sheboygan, WI on August 9th, and I will be back there doing even more, and with more practice beforehand, too!

The speech was well received, and seconded by one of the organizers, but unfortunately none of my CD's sold. I have data format CD's with my wind poems in word doc format and mp3's, and complimentary fact sheets from the American Wind Energy Association (www.awea.org) available for $8.00. They are entitled "Windy CD 2003" as I currently hail from the Chicago metro area. The CD's are really not what it's all about, though. You can get t-shirts promoting wind, too, at whizzyrds.com! *LOL* A guy's gotta fund his promo work and websites somehow...

Anyway, I'll be back in this space in an hour or two posting a great deal more. Hope you're up for reading!

No comments: